“Where you stumble, there lies your treasure. The very cave you are afraid to enter turns out to be the source of what you are looking for. The damned thing in the cave, that was so dreaded, has become the center.” ~ Joseph Campbell
A message from Juliann…
We all have moments in life that are undeniably hard. It is the natural cycle of life to have ups and downs, joys and sorrows, light and dark. We have choices about how we navigate these contrasting elements, though it doesn’t always feel that way when we are in them.
I have taken many journeys through the shadowy bits myself. Aside from my years of education, it is the personal experience of traversing my own dark spaces that allows me to say, with utmost confidence… I’m good at what I do, supporting others as they pass through the dark mazes, making the journey as pleasurable as possible. It is my experience that there are always diamonds in the rough; if we have to be in the rough sometimes, we might as well mine for diamonds while we are about it. The truth is this… the dark places in our lives usually develop out of some form of ending. An ending is really, taken in a different light (pardon the pun), a new beginning. Always and always.
I look forward to traveling with you.
“Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable.” ~ Helen Keller
“Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love.” ~ Rainer Maria Rilke
What I do…
- Translate the science of stress and trauma in a way that is understandable, through communication or my blog
- Assist in identifying ways of being in our current culture that work with, rather than against, our human nature
- Inspire you to inquiring into the bigger questions. The questions behind the pattern, trauma or story that keeps you from living in the way you would like to.
How I do it…
- Private and group yoga classes
- On-going or one time sessions through Skype, phone or person-to-person.
- Blogs, Vlogs and Newletters.
What I support…
- Recovery from trauma
- Realigning healthy boundaries
- Realigning addictive behavior
- Shifting from co-dependent functioning in relationship to interdependent functioning.
- Supporting men and woman in their intimate expression of self acceptance and esteem.